Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 12:03 AM
Electric utility company
Job Duration: 6 months
• As an instructional designer, you will play a critical role for our Knowledge Management (KM) System.
• Working with our KM team, you will drive the design and development of our employee educational experiences, which requires deep expertise in content strategy, writing, and instructional design.
The Ideal Candidate:
• You live at the intersection of education, design, and technology.
• You have a passion for, and expertise in, delivering content, education, and innovative learning experiences.
• You are passionate about the future of online learning, as well as how business culture is shifting to be more creative.
• You are not only an excellent writer and content developer, but you can work with many diverse work groups.
• You have experience teaching yourself, off and online; you know instructional writing, well.
• You motivate others, and balance efficiency and quality.
As a Content Developer, You Will:
• Collaborate with the KM leadership team to identify and frame strategic topics, across the Company, that will serve our learning community’s needs (20%).
• Drive the design and development of content and the educational experience, from the overarching outline of training courses (50%).
• Support how Content Developers will express the educational experience and KM brand, visually, creatively, and digitally (10%).
• Provide analysis of new and forming business processes and procedures, to produce high-quality end-user documentation (20%).
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 4-5 years’ previous writing/editing experience.
• Exceptional business writing and editing skills.
• Experience working in Content Development.
• Knowledge Management experience, preferred.
• Proficient in leveraging SharePoint as the IT pillar, in support of KM Projects.
• Highly-proficient in communicating complex concepts in tangible, easily understood terms.
• Strong attention to detail.
This is an urgent job opportunity. Please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at my number 313-279-1020.
• Location: Kansas City
• Post ID: 30897518 kc