Development Coordinator - Part Time
215 W. Pershing, Suite 300 Kansas City, MO 64108
The Development Coordinator role is an opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with the local leadership, an outstanding group of volunteers, and staff to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter. This is a part-time, 24-hour a week position focused on marketing and communications.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Understand the strategic direction and purpose of the organization and support the Chapter’s fundraising strategies and business needs on the marketing and communications side
- Lead Chapter Communications focused on Donor Centered language including fundraising proposals and event materials
- Responsible for all website, social media, e-mail blasts, newsletters, invitations, thank you letters, sponsorship proposals, ROI packets, and more
- Oversight of all printed pieces and signage to make sure all sponsorship requirements are fulfilled
- Oversee the Young Leadership Committee including managing Sunset Music Festival and other quarterly events
- Manage Speakers Bureau Training including recruiting and training volunteers
- Interface with and serve as a liaison for all levels of staff and volunteers.Maintain steady communication between team members and committee leaders
- Maintain a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research cure therapeutics
- Minimum of 2-3 years of marketing/communications experience or relevant business/volunteer experience.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Active listening, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure. Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn new systems quickly. Knowledge of Marketo preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
- Knowledge of T1D is preferred but not required.
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by clicking the job URL http://smrtr.io/6G0jDQ
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. No staffing agencies please.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Post ID: 36319377 kc