Community Engagement Coordinator (2 Part-time Posts)
Kansas City Academy
7933 Main St. Kansas City, MO 64114
Kansas City Academy is recruiting for two part-time positions, both tasked with engaging our school community, but through different methods.
The Community Engagement Coordinator for our internal community (part-time) will be primarily responsible for recruiting new students and engaging our current families in the mission of the school. While not a comprehensive list of duties, this position will be take the lead in:
- Answering admissions inquiries both electronically and over the phone
- Scheduling and providing tours to prospective families
- Scheduling and managing shadow days for prospective families
- Providing insight and expertise on how best to market KCA to future families
- Plan and execute two Open Houses for prospective students
- Plan and execute parent socials
- Plan and execute parent focused fundraising efforts (such as dine out events)
- Plan and execute all-school volunteer experiences
- Act as a liaison between current families and new families
- Act as a liaison between current families and teachers/administration
- Actively participate in the admissions end of the recruitment process to provide assistance during peak periods.
- Assist with major fundraising events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The Community Engagement Coordinator for our external community (part-time) will be primarily responsible for using technology to position the school for increased exposure to the greater Kansas City community. Additionally, this position will take the lead in planning logistics for major fundraising events. While not a comprehensive list of duties, this position will take the lead in:
- Maintaining and better leveraging KCA’s Facebook page
- Maintaining and better leveraging KCA’s Twitter account
- Maintaining and better leveraging KCA’s Instagram account
- Producing digital marketing materials – in particular, student and family testimonials
- Working with a graphic designer, produce additional marketing materials, while adhering to KCA’s brand standards.
- Maintaining, in the short-term, KCA’s website.
- Producing, in the long-term, a new website on a more modern platform
- Providing logistical support for four major events: an art showcase; a culinary showcase; a music showcase; and our annual battle of the bands.
Both positions are part-time (20 hours per week on average) and will be compensated $15,000 per year.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume, as well as a short statement of interest in the position and relevant experience, to Kory Gallagher, Head of School, at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
• Post ID: 34237437 kc